Friday, May 09, 2008
what our guest wants today: bangles!
(i'm so excited to present the lovely editor of the daily obsession as your guest writer on this fabulous friday - let's all give her a great big virtual high five, shall we?)
Bangles are making a comeback! (Were they out? At least for me, they were...but they're definitely back in for the season, though.) I'm seeing them everywhere - from my favorite little boutiques to big department stores. They are easy and simple to wear, but make a style statement. Here are my tips on how to choose and wear bangles, en vogue:
* Bangles are a fantastic way to inject color into your outfit. Wearing a simple black shift and heels? Slip on a vivid bangle such as this resin version by Lee Angel - and a boring outfit will immediately be brought to life!
* If you're into no-muss, no-fuss dressing, then more than likely, you feel the same way about your jewelry. No problem! Many designers offer bangle sets such as this bold red set by Blu. You won't have to think twice about looking fabulous.
* If you are fond of more delicate adornments, I suggest layering 2-3 tiny, thin bangles on a wrist. This is also a great way to find experiment and wear various designers altogether! Try these from Giles & Brother, ginette_ny and Poupette. If you prefer not to search for complementary bangles, you can always buy a set like these by Iosselliani. Either way, they'll add a subtly elegant touch to your outfit.
* This is also a perfect opportunity to test out more artsy looks and venture out of your comfort zone, so take advantage. It's just on your wrist, so you can wear something unexpected without it taking center stage. This beautiful abstract knotted bangle set by Jennifer Rose is exactly what I mean. You'll add an instant dose of flair and style!
* Believe it or not, but you can also add pattern to an outfit with bangles as well! J. Crew offers some ideal options every season for this purpose. This
enamel bracelet is topped off with a chic zebra print; the gorgeous summer shades help make it a soft introduction of pattern.
* Along the same lines, why not add some texture or sparkle? Glam it up by choosing a bangle with embedded stones. Try this dazzling version by J. Crew. Czech crystals are combined with colored resin cabochons - this just says vintage resort to me!
Do you have any tips to add? We'd love to hear about it!